For over 20 years Deltec GMBH have worked hard to develop the best specialist marine aquarium equipment available on the market and are known throughout the world for the high performance and quality of their protein skimmers. When their patent on the Deltec Pinwheel ran out it opened the market for other people to copy their ideas and to produce pinwheels of their own but without the 20+ years of experience and development that had gone into the Deltec products.
The next generation of Deltec skimmers is shortly to hit the market and this time Deltec have developed their own design of pump and spent months getting the right amount of air for the lowest possible power consumption
This has allowed Deltec to set new standards in efficiency and to illustrate the difference they have introduced a new terminology, E-T-A Ratio (energy to air ratio), to allow comparison of Deltec products against others.
The new products have an E-T-A Ratio of around 60 to one and can produce 1500 lts of air per hour whilst using only 25W of power. Compare this with the current Deltec modified Eheim pumps, (already renound for their performance), which only produce 600 lts of air for 36W of power and you will understand why we are so excited.
The SC name describes the special Single Chamber design of the bubble chamber which is patented and has the benefit of pressurising the pumps for higher performance and ensures that only unskimmed water passes through he pump rather than reskimming and reprocessing water in the chamber.
The new bubble plate design allows the height of the skimmers to be reduced compared with the current range to allow them to fit in a greater number of installations and cabinets. The primary use of the bubble chamber is to prevent turbulence from the skimmer body and neck as turbulence can pull waste loaded bubbles back into the water column causing a reduction in efficiency. The air to water ratio is so high that there is almost immediate reaction with the waste therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on some low air skimmers thus keeping the units compact.
In Sump Version - Deltec SC 3070 - This stands for Single Chamber, body diameter 300mm(11.8 inch) and total height 700mm (27.55 inch)
- The total height measurement includes around 3/4 inch for cup removal
- Significantly exceeds performance of AP1004 (2400 lts of air - 230V)
- footprint 12.6 Inch by 12.6 inch
- footprint including pipework 15.08 inch by 12.8 inch
- Total air produced - 2x1500 to 2x1600 lts/hour
- Power consumption 2 x 33W-38W at 110 volt (60 Hz)
- Working water height in sump 7 inches- 10.2 inches
- Neck diameter 6.3 inches
- Outlet pipe size 50mm
- Tank Suitability 1055 U.S gall heavy stocking 1270 U.S gall normal stocking
- Remote drain of skimmer cup
- Air silencers
- Micro adjustable skimmer setting
- High water flow through the skimmer
- Optional self cleaning system
- New colour scheme
- No feed pump required, skimmer draws water directly from the sump
- Article no 81300